1. Purpose of this statement
This statement tells you how the University will collect and process your personal data when you access this website.
2. Automated collection of personal information
As with most other web servers, when you access these web pages certain information you provide will automatically be recorded by the University. This will include your IP address, browser type, and information relating to the page you last visited. This information is processed to estimate how much usage of the server is made by different categories of users and in the event of a breach of security may be used to aid detection.
3. Non-automated collection
Where you are required under this website to provide personal data this data will be used for the following purposes:
- Contact details will only be used to contact competition winners once the survey has closed, unless you have indicated that you are happy to be contacted in the future for other purposes.
- You may be requested to provide geolocation data using your PC IP address/location or GPS capability within your mobile/tablet device, this is optional and you must approve this via your browser/device. This location data is only set to 50 metres accuracy (minimum) and data would only be used anonymously.
- Personal details such as usernames or email addresses will be used to ensure that applicants can only complete the survey once, and for the administration of incentives such as printer credits and prize draws. Once the survey has closed, all survey results will be anonymised.
All data will be handled in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
4. Third-party access
Your personal data will be forwarded to the following third parties in connection with the purposes outlined under 2 and 3 above. Snap Surveys Ltd provide a data collation service for the University of Leeds: survey responses are sent for collation by Snap Surveys Ltd, collated and then returned to the University for analysis. Snap Surveys Ltd are a member of the Market Research Society (MRS) and abide by their code of conduct (http://www.mrs.org.uk/standards/codeconduct.htm). Their own privacy statement is available at http://www.snapsurveys.com/legal/privacy-policy.shtml
6. Google Analytics
7. Changes to this statement
This statement and therefore the ways in which your data may be processed can be changed from time to time. Any changes will only be notified via this web page.
If you have any queries relating to the privacy statement then please contact the webcomms team, who are responsible for the pages to which it relates. If you feel dissatisfied with the response given then please contact the University's webmaster.